Thursday, April 14, 2011

Artist Profile: Rachana Saurabh

Rachana Saurabh wrote to me a few months ago, but as you all know I was busy packing, unpacking and then FINALLY setting up house. In these few months, I was very happy to note that various bloggers from the desi design blogland had already featured her. I am going to join the list, as its been aeons since my last 'Artist Profile' and Rachana deserves all the appreciation coming her way :)

An engineer by education, Rachana has no formal training in art- Imagine a right brained person going through 4 years of engineering! She won several art competitions over the years, including one by the prestigious Lalit Kala Academy.

It took a move to the US and a supportive husband (the Saurabh in Rachana's name) for her to start painting full time. I am going to now let her colourful strokes complete the post!





You can find more of Rachana gorgeous paintings here

{Image credit for all paintings featured here to Rachana Saurabh}

10 comments:

Sudha said...

beautiful :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Great work Rachana..(as always:))
Thanks Divya for sharing!

SM said...

Very vibrant and beautiful ....Rachana we should thank your hubby for encouraging you to showcase your creativity like this!

Emreen said...

Lovely work....!!

Rachana Saurabh said...

Thanks Divya for your support. Thank you everyone for wonderful comments.

My Dream Canvas said...

Lovely post! Divya, I too loved the rain like you till I moved to the Pacific Northwest :-) Here the sunny days are a cause for celebration:-)

Anonymous said...

Precious!! I totally love Rachanas work.. :-)

Purnima@a creative project said...

Rachana's paintings are simply awesome!! Very charming!!!

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

lovely work by rachana,divya.

Sarmistha said...

I simply adore and love Rachana's paintingsThey are all so very beautiful.God bless her.