Sunday, December 5, 2010

Your Own Retro Balcony Garden

Both my grandmothers were skilled gardeners. Consequently, I grew up in homes surrounded by lush gardens. I had a childhood filled with working in the garden, painting pots with red oxide, playing with a garden hose on hot summer evenings and flower picking and watering duties. I try to bring a bit of my childhood into my home with great enthusiasm, little skill and some online research, by attempting to grow (and routinely kill) houseplants.

So, when I came across this lovely vintage Pepsi Cola crate from Rhapsody Attic on Etsy, my own little herb garden filled with fresh chives, basil, rosemary... came to mind. Don't you love the possibilities?



Also, Rhapsody Attic has lovely vintage decor items at reasonable prices, like the lovely mis-matched pair of brass vintage trinket boxes. Do check them out!
To all your emails that I haven't replied to, I apologize. I've been thoroughly exhausted for the past week, I will get through a few emails a day, over the course of the week and ensure that I reply to EACH and EVERY one of you. Till then, please bear with me.

Coming Up: Another SHP feature and a blog swap with a fave blogger from my blog roll. Keep checking in!

PS: I hope by now all of you have made good use of Chumbak's 'Free Shipping' offer. 

6 comments:

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Hey Divya,
That is such a lovely idea of using crates.
Hey I loved Manhattan.Went to that store and bought few things.Thanks again.Will send u the pics soon!
Cheers!

GB said...

That's such a neat idea! A portable herb garden. Now if only the sun would come out........ :)

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

lovely ideas

Anonymous said...

oh nice!! nice!! I like that pepsi crate..and have been on the hunt for one.. with bottles in it.. (atleast a few).. that looks awesome!! Although.. I actually want a 'coke' one..

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea! Patty how about using your chai stand for growing herbs? hmm...

Tanvi said...

Love your BLog Divya! And you have an eye for all the lovely things. Followin you via bloglovin' now! :)