Monday, January 3, 2011

What would you like to see on SHP?

Another year begins. Time to start afresh. Take a re-look at the year that was. Pause. Collect your thoughts. Focus. As these thoughts rattle in my head… I swiftly run past all of SHP’s posts, as it turns 5 months old.

As I broke out of my meditative thoughts, I recognized that it was hard to categorize SHP in the desi blog community. SHP doesn’t fall into the category of a pure decor blog, like all the blogs on my favourite list on this page. Neither is it a blog that is solely dedicated to featuring creative talent. And ummm.. well.. my love for art also creeps in, in the guise of artist profiles. Now, this seem a little bit of mish-mash to you?

My ruminations lead me to apprehend that SHP is more of reflection of ME- a little bit of design, a little bit of the designer behind that design and a little dab of color from an artist’s brush on SHP’s canvas. However, I believe that going forward SHP should be a reflection of YOU- the reader.

So, please let me know what YOU would like to see more of in 2011…



So, what do you think SHP’s lovely readers? Do I need to focus? Am I meandering off the path? Or do you want to maintain status quo?

I would really appreciate hearing all your ‘voices’, please do drop me a comment or vote(even if you have been silently/privately following the blog).

I look forward to an amazing year with all of you, brimming with meeting many many more wonderful people and their work along the way!

Love,

6 comments:

GB said...

I just like your perspective on stuff--your blog reflects who you are, your taste--I can now look at something and say--oh, Divya would love this! stay the way you are--bring whatever's on your mind to the blog---I'll still be here.

Have a wonderful 2011, Divs! may this be the year that you look back on with fond memories!

Unknown said...

Happy 2011from thekeybunch! We love your blog as it is :)

PreeOccupied said...

Happy New Year and hoping to see lots of new things on SHP. I like your energy.

A. Naik said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.... missed all the blogging too.... was away from the blog... getting back soon...

Totstylist said...

I don't know why I took so long to stop by here, I just discovered it today, thanks to my sis and boy am I am glad I did. It's visual treat here, I love it, keep the good work going, it perfect as it is!!

Anonymous said...

only 5 months?? Divs.. I feel I've known you for longer.. I love love your blog... the way it is.. Does that sound strange.. I like the new funky stuff.. thats not on any other blog.. and the inspirations I find here for sure!! Keep up the good work!!