Tuesday, March 29, 2011

India-Inspired Picks of the Month

Hello folks! Well rested from the weekend? Monday blues still on? Debuting this week on SHP is a new series called the 'Picks of the Month' to chase away those blues. I would ideally have done a 'Picks of the Week' series, but at present spare time has become a hard commodity to come by.

Ready for some window shopping and some sighing? 

Madhubani inspired Mr. Sun and Lady Moon cushions. How cute do they look sitting side by side?

Remember the post on the dying art of hand-painted Bollywood posters here on SHP? Well CB2 is now selling an 'artwork' hand-painted by Bollywood signboard painters. 

But, I wouldn't buy that at all. I'd rather get myself this lovely accent table 'inspired by the centuries-old red lacquer wood kneading bowls of the Chettiar in Tamil Nadu at India's southern tip, each is handpainted in an optimistic burst of bright calligraphy squiggles and brushstrokes by Indian signboard painters whose trade has vanished in the age of computer graphics.' 
These tables have been made in collaboration with Ayush Kasliwal, a young Indian industrial designer who is keeping the traditional skills of local craftsmen alive with the creation of modern objects.

How about this lovely 3-piece set of lotus candleholders? Should I?

Have you taken part in the Red Patang giveaway as yet? Hurry! It closes on April 4th. And in case the rules are unclear, you need to 'Like' Red Patang on their Facebook page to be eligible for the giveaway and a 10% discount. According to the rules set by Swapna from Red Patang, following SHP is insufficient to win the giveaway, you need to Like Red Patang on Facebook too. Good luck!

17 comments:

Sans! said...

I will pick that table too Divya :):)

Designwali said...

I totally want to order these pillows for my kids...but i wonder if they would freak them out!

Anonymous said...

Oh those.. cushions are gorgeous!! I have that lotus candle holder.. :-)

Emreen said...

Lov the lotus candle holder...

Anonymous said...

I love the CB2 catalog. I can spend hours drooling over them :). Even the boys know, they better NOT put them in recycling ;).

My3

Sound Horn Please said...

My3: If I had your email ID, would have mailed you right away. Definitely, my kind of person! Your comment on UDD and Red Patang, was quite amusing as I hadn't thought of that myself! Hahahaha!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous!

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

The accent table is suberb! A simple, stunning piece of art! Like, Looove :)

GB said...

Love that table--want, want want!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Owow turq and tangerine are my go-to colors for this season as well! Love how a simple shot of bold against all white rooms suddenly screams spring!...and that table tray is divine...an artful mix of exotic and crafty...love it! Great finds, thanks for sharing!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

I love that floor lamp.It will match perfectly with my living room decor.
Did u like the curry? I have still not been able to get hold of the chickpea packet.

My Inspired Reality said...

Love those pillows - what a great conversation piece:)

The Ketchup Girl said...

thanks a ton for your lovely words on kamini's blog :). The lotus candle holders are amazing! Also, they are form an Australian website. Thanks for the link :)). And all this India talk is making me terribly homesick :/

Anonymous said...

How do I send you email?
My3

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!
http://mech.dfunbox.com/index.php?do=/blog/2013/be-with-yachtcharter-kroatien-to-have-fun-with-a-trip-in-croatia/
Also visit my web site gueros

Anonymous said...

Love the cushions does anybody no anything about them need it for homework.

Unknown said...

Yes, I know about these cushions. I designed them for the Design Studio in India who sold it to CB2.
FYI, they are Not inspired by Madhubani paintings. These cushions draw their inspiration from Rampuri Kites.
You can check out this URL
(https://www.behance.net/gallery/11848449/Mr-Sun-Lady-Moon-Textile-Design)
to know more about these cushions.