Monday, April 11, 2011

Bombay Electric

I first came across Bombay Electric a year ago and happened to serendipitously land there again today.

Remember my trip to my favorite antique store in NY? And remember the antique brass paan dhaan I came away with? On my last trip there, the store owner was waxing eloquent about paan dhaans shaped like peacocks and vintage ambassador cars, that he had seen in villages in India. I wondered what they might look like....



Bombay Electric, gave form to my murky imagination......

Some other stuff from the quirky store... vintage maharaja postcards, lithographs and even an antique portable khadi handloom spinning set! Now I wonder what one might do with buying the last item on the list...


{Image credit for all images in this post to Bombay Electric}

6 comments:

Designwali said...

so much fun..

My Dream Canvas said...

Divya,

Try TJ Maxx or Home goods for the bottles. They are about 3 bucks or so!! Good luck :-)

Great post, lovely thigs.

Sudha said...

i have been looking for a vintage paandhan for ever!! nice find divya :)..cool store..and yes i remember your pannadhan would have loved visitng that store too..no indian vintage stores in atlanta though :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun store in NYC!! Megabus, here I come.

My3

Shanthi said...

Love the Vintage car. I am a great fan of miniature collections.

Geetha said...

Love this! I am a big fan of vintage and have collection of some lithographs & post cards and some brass...etc. etc. all got by digging into old trunks and attics in our ancestral home! Every time I see something....its like.... we have this!